|« King of Cross Genre Covers [update 11.3]||Radiohead and a Bag of Hammers »|
The Signal: EP048 - Sweetness and Light. How's everyone doing out there? Here's a pick-me-up, if you're feeling blue. It's roughly 45 minutes of music I think is good. And you should too. There are doctors available for those in the audience who disagree. Just raise your hand and you'll be attended to, compassionately.
Link is up for a limited period of time. Time is fleeting. Carpe diem. One day we will all be dust, and then no one will have mp3s, and then where will we be? Full of regret. Act now.
Below the cut are some notes that don't actually identify any artists by name. This is intentional. The artists are noted in the id3 tags of the file. Questions and comments may be left below and may be responded to.
1. See what I did there? Dropped in a little self-reference?
3. Lot of good rock coming out of Minnesota.
4. We can't get through a Signal without a cover. Well, we can, but it's rare. This one, at least for me, is a cover where I don't know the original, so that's a change of pace.
5. One of the absolute least represented musical genres in Signal history makes a special appearance.
6. Found on YouTube. Another cover where I don't know the original.
7. Hey, kids! Have you heard of these things called "mash-ups"? It's not just something to do to potatoes!
8. I watched films from HK for years and as such, preferred the sound of Cantonese to Mandarin, but music like this could win me over, given time.
9. Another appearance in the Signal for this Canadian group. Fun l'il rocker.
10. The only electronica track in the whole Signal. Sounds great on good headphones.
11. Another cover! And I know the original! This version is awfully sweet, and is from an album of covers made available for free download online. Look it up.
12. Top notch band. They can't come out with albums fast enough. I love this guy's voice.
13. Went digging in the library for this one. Had it for years... was just looking for a good way to end the mix.
There we go. I said nothing illuminating or worth reading.
Take care of each other out there.
Because I don't want to do it.