|« The Signal: EP069||The Signal: EP067 »|
The EP068 - Leaving a message for the absent. A delicate melange of sweet and sour. Rocking your face, apologizing, leading you to the recovery room and scrounging up a cookie and some juice.
What do you need to know? Tracklist is in the id3 tags. You can get the track itself by clicking on the image above, or the name that opens this entry, or these words right here. Limited time only. A fun project for friends. If every Signal were a year of age, the mixes would be puttering around retired. Think about that.
1. The opening was fun. Idea just came to me. Had this download folder of answering machine messages, so a few extra sound effects and the whole bookend narrative came together.
2. FACES ... WILL... BE ROCKED! oh man. I hope the rest of the album is at least half as good as this track.
3. The cool down. What a weird track. But I find this one hypnotic. Love the musical quotation.
4. Thanks to misuba
5. At first, I was like "If this was anyone else, I'd think it was okay, but nothing special." Since then, it's grown on me. The vocals may not be much, but the production is nice.
6. You guys like Scottish poets, right?
7. Thanks to misuba
8. A field recording of a carousel in its last days. Just not holding up anymore. I guess maybe this counts as the stereotypical weird Signal cover version?
9. I don't usually go for super big names or anything. Felt fearless tonight.
10. So here we go. The sound of the last one always reminds me of these guys, and they've collaborated, so... yeah. Again, normally wouldn't do this. Dunno what possessed me. I guess I just worry that maybe you haven't heard this stuff, and you should.
11. Haven't heard from this group since a Signal mix in the early 20s. Figured since I was digging deep, might as well bring them back too.
12. Not weird enough to be the odd cover, but I think the bluegrass adds a lot. Helped me like the original more.
13. Usually...USUALLY... I hate people who talk-sing. Or talk-rap. But this guy is more successful at winning me over and I haven't figured out why or how yet. If you know, let me know.
14. Thanks to anat.
Hey, you know what? It stinks like skunk in here. Not marijuana. Actual skunk. It's the time of year when skunks in the neighborhood go wandering at night looking to pick fights, I guess. And then, even with windows closed, they poison the air in here.
I keep hoping I'll develop an appreciation through repeated exposure. You know, like how you can come to like foods if you eat them 10-12 times?
It's not working.
Thousands of years of skunk stink evolution are up against my nose here.
Anyway. Enjoy the tunes. It's fun to curate these things for you. I hope you found something new that you'll want to find out more about. Even if it's creaky carousel music.