|« The Signal: EP077||The Signal: EP075 »|
The Signal: EP076 - Slowness and pigs. Sometimes the themes just arrive, organically. Farm-raised.
As ever, the file is available for a limited time. Details about its contents are in the id3 tags. If you don't already know what this thing is, I doubt very much that this description would convince you to download it. Which I suppose is the ideal. I have maybe 10 people in mind as the ideal audience and if you're looking to join that 10-- and don't think there aren't some who could be kicked out-- you'll have to be adventurous. And just give it a listen.
Notes are below. You can comment on Buzz, maybe, if you know how to do that. Or maybe you can figure out how to email me. How about that? Puzzle it out, Yahoo Serious as Young Einstein!
1. I have found, when revisiting my small mountain of mixes, that I always enjoy when I got a bit experimental, layering some sounds in instead of doing music-to-music-to-music. So I gave myself some leeway to mess about on this mix. And here's what we get. Birds. Weird electronic sounds that remind us of whales.
3. Bits of radio.
5. It took a few listens, but I finally noticed the sounds of people skateboarding on this track. Did a bit of research and found out why: the song was part of a skateboarding video or ad or something. Not an album track yet. Not even a name yet. The file name is just named after the video.
6. More radio bits. Continuing with a "downer radio" theme.
7. See that? Swimming? After drowning? Oh, I am clever, aren't I.
8. This and the last song make appearances in Rock Band.
11. Hope I don't get tired of this track, since it comes first on the album. But it made a seamless link with track 10, so... I kept it in. And followed it with the beating of dog hearts.
12. Requisite weird cover version. Part of it anyway.
14. And just before we finish, we find a pork theme, which lead to the Signal image up top.
I hope I didn't make it too odd for your tastes in an effort to please my future listening self, but if I did, I can only ask that you consider the benefits of bringing your opinions, tastes, predilections in alignment with mine. You'll live a better life. This can be proved by science.
Science has been busy, but any day now, it will be proved by science. We're on the waiting list.