|« The Signal: EP082||The Signal: EP080 »|
The Signal: EP081 - It's the one that comes after #80! We all sort of suspected it was coming, and that this is what he would be called, so now we can all feel smug about having "called it", as if anyone would be impressed. Oh, just get over yourselves, with your I-know-how-numbers-go attitude.
Tunes, tunes, tunes, all in a row. Up for a limited time only for a limited audience that may very well include you. Who knows? If you want to know what's on it, downloading is pretty much your only choice. It's like I'm not even seeking out listeners, right? Anyway, if you download, the track list is in the id3 tags. Also, below you'll find some notes that won't be illuminating when it comes to artist names, but maybe they'll be worth reading. I haven't written them yet, so I can't say.
Onward, into the unknowable future!
1. Sure, there's more to it, but I only needed the first few seconds. Sorry, folks!
3. Found via a friend's Facebook. He told me later that it samples from Gremlins, which I didn't catch. It's a neat chunk of sound to sample.
4. What I really admire about these guys is the songs they write stand up really well as songs in their own right. There's much more than just the novelty element.
5. Just in here for fun. Fun rainy day activity: Try listening and not "working it". Can you do it?
6. I love that this trance-y sounding track comes from this guy, who needs angels and is tired of the sampled sounds of gunshots. Fun fact: I paid for this guy's album with blood! (Well, with points in a rewards program from blood donation, but it sounds more exciting if I say I paid in blood.)
7. When I come across work from this artist and his fellows and have no context, I can be surprised by how much I like it.
8. The vocals... sounds just like Stipe, right?
9. This song demanded to be in. It's kinda lo-fi, but the punky chorus won me over.
10. This guy's a recent find and a stylistic anomaly. He sounds like he's from the 50s or something, right? Fun rainy day activity: Try to picture what you think the singer looks like. Then do an image search for his name. Surprise!
11. My father-in-law found this one some number of months ago. Really nice pop song.
Actually, I don't have much to say about the rest. Save that it took a long time to wrap this mix up. I've been listening to a lot, but it's mostly been stuff other people have been introducing me to... so it doesn't always match my taste.
And I've been listening to a lot of podcasts instead of music.
Anyway. That's why it took awhile.
Oh, you weren't asking?