|« The Signal: EP085||The Signal: EP083 »|
The Signal: EP084 - More powerful than a robot's immobilizing beam! Starting off your weekend right! Boom biff pow! Sound effects!
Anyone who knows that signalstation.com exists already knows this, but let's go through it anyway. I put these mixes up for a limited time only. And though it keeps anyone new from taking a chance on them, I don't list the contents on this site. You have to take a chance, then read the id3 tags for the playlist. I tend to put some notes down below, if I have any.
I think that about covers it.
1. I'm still so fond of the movie that this is sourced from that I happily listen to this fan-made album of stitched-together background sounds so I can pretend I'm on a street corner with a light-up umbrella.
2. Yeah! Dub music!
3. Found a YouTube video of some scenes from the source movie and was captivated not only by the weirdness of the clip, but the weirdness of its soundtrack. So that's where this comes from. Some commenter said it came from some Batman-related studio music but who knows.
5. Theme song to an under-rated, under-talked-about TV show that is already cancelled so if you want one more TV show to be miffed about because you only found out about it when there was no more hope for more, here you go. But it is good.
7. On preview, I noticed the weird spoken word bits, which I've always tuned out while listening. I don't think I was missing much. I'm rediscovering some tunes because I decided to make a project of encoding all the CDs we have around here onto an external hard drive. No particular need to do so, but it passes the time.
9. The album this comes from was brought back from Ghana by a friend of mine years back as a gift. She's not much for music, so I'm always amazed that the album she must have picked at random because it was local ended up being so good.
10. On preview, when I came across the sound effect I used as a transition here, it made me laugh. What was I thinking? Well... it's rhythmic, anyway.
12. This song features in a video game I'm playing these days. So whoever licensed the songs for the game: mission accomplished!
13. Honestly, I just picked this song because it allowed me to end the mix at minute 45 exactly, which for some reason I find really aesthetically pleasing. I didn't start these mixes with a length in mind, but now that one has developed organically, I have fun trying to work within its confines. So this track isn't a favorite I've been burning to share, but it's one we can both explore together during relistenings. And hopefully neither of us will regret its presence.
Besides that, how you doing?
Oh wait, I disabled comments. You can't tell me.
Well, send me a postcard or something. Or have an agent of yours write a message in a bathroom stall I might use. Have a psychic send a message straight to my brain. Even if the message is "I'm doing all right, thanks. And you?"
That's a fine message.