|« The Signal: EP088||The Signal: EP086 »|
The Signal: EP087 - We've got a great one for you this time around, folks. Blindfolds are optional, just like at a firing squad.
Let's see, what do you need to know. The mix is 45 minutes and provided gratis for a limited time only. I've put the tracklist into the id3 tags if you get curious about who exactly you're listening to at any given time. If you're new to the downloading-of-files game (first, Welcome!), you can right click on the image or link above and choose whatever your computer's version of "Save Target As..." may be. The rest of the downloading-of-files game is pretty cut throat, so I'm not going to give you any more hints, because what if we end up playing on opposing teams?
You're going down, sunshine, that's what's going to happen.
1. This is from some instructional on how to throw your voice. Not sure it works. But it sure sounds interesting.
2. New album! Great production!
3. An old classic I was thinking about during a recent artistic retreat, as 80s pop songs were being played on an acoustic guitar. I didn't know this track the 1st time around, but certainly enjoyed discovering it whenever I did. Oh right! It was when I was buying albums on vinyl to save money. Now my record player isn't even hooked up. I must be rolling in dough.
4. The magic for me in this track is when the singer just feels free to drag out the end of a line, making weird twanging sounds like he's chewing on the song. I read an article recently that tried to make the case that not many people think of this band often and I can't believe that's true. I mean, come on. You can put anything in print, I guess.
5. Found out about this track from a radio show appearance by producer/rapper El-P, who was just sharing various oddities he was into at the moment. Not only is this song's Kraftwerk-beat and antic chorus charming, I love how out-of-character it is for the artist. Or at least, my limited conception of the artist's work.
6. So the connection to this track is kinda obvious. But I went for the instrumental version since I didn't think Signal listeners would care much about the original lyrics. And then I added something else. Yup.
8. Musicians gotta eat. And sometimes that means you do songs about Batman.
11. I've had this oddity for years. Glad I finally found a place to slot it in.
12. For a while, the goal has been to get these mixes to end right at the 45 minute mark, but boy did I mess up some math, because I had to cram this track in. It was picked because I thought it was the right length, and then it wasn't, so I hope it works anymore.
...So there! Take that!