|« The Signal: EP089||The Signal: EP087 »|
The Signal: EP088 - Dogs and cats, living together! Musical forms from around the globe somehow glued together into a shambling 45 minute creation that may one day turn on its very master! SHIVER in your homes!
Okay, people. We all like a good scare, but let's relax, huh? It's just a music mix that's available for a limited amount of time with a tracklist in the id3 tags. It's not like it's---
IT'S GOT ME! HEEEEeeeeelp.... only... have strength for... lower-case letters! And proper... punctuation!
1. A not terribly funny audio clip from a quite funny source.
3. Such a great post-break-up song.
4. Apparently they're Welsh? And a side-project? I didn't know anything about this band 'til just now when I looked 'em up on Wikipedia.
6. Heard a lot of this band back in college as they made it into the CD collections of girls I knew. Kinda funny how that kind of stuff happens, isn't it?
7. You already should know "Song of the Siren." (EP031) If you don't, look it up. It's one of the human race's signature achievements. Split the atom, landed a robot on Mars, recorded "Song of the Siren." This version is like: what if it had more drums?
8. I don't think I'm taking much of a risk calling this the hands down best rap song about a kid not wanting to eat veggies.
9. Hadn't hit my old mash-up haunts for a long time and lo and behold a super talent showed up while I wasn't looking. I will probably be using some of this person's other tracks in later mixes.
10. I set the mix down after the last track and let it sit for awhile, so when I came back, a mellow end-of-the-weekend mood was upon me, so we'll just chill out from here on out. Japanese!
12. A mountain! This is one of those cases where I was just looking for a bridging track of the perfect length, and I spotted this one, which I'd always like but thought was unfortunately too short to put into a Signal mix on its own merits. But it made it! Hooray!
13. Still trying to figure out why some people adopt unsearchable names in the internet era.
And there you have it, folks! What does it all mean? Eh? Write your answers on a piece of paper, put them in a self-addressed & stamped envelope, then mail it to yourself.